About Us

My photo
We met while going to BYU in 2002, and got married in August 2004. Yuan grew up in Zhengzhou China. Justin grew up (mostly) in Danville California.

Thursday, October 2, 2008

A tooth!

This is going to be really short post, cuz essentially I just wanted to inform everyone that Kai's got his first tooth :) We are so excited!



Kai's been drooling like mad since about a month ago, and on Monday he discovered that he can bend over and chew on his highchair while I'm trying to feed him. I realize now that it
probably felt good for him to have his trying-to-come-out tooth against something cold and hard. So yesterday morning as Kai and I had our usually cuddle time together, he grabbed my finger and stuck it in his mouth to gnaw on, and for the first time I felt something hard and sharp on his gum. I had to use both hands to push down his lip and hold his tougue out of the way while I got a better look---and there it was:a tooth poking out on the bottom left side!



I had been trying to get a picture of his tooth, but it's impossible with one hand holding the camera and the other trying to get his mouth open, so you'll just have to take my word for it :) So far he's been doing really well--not really fussy or anything (which is why I didn't realize that he got a tooth until I felt it) and I'm hoping he'll always be this good during teething.






So that's it for now... I'll keep trying to take a good picture of the tooth :) meanwhile,here's a good smile on the day we discovered his first tooth (I keep wondering if the faint white shadow you can see on his gum in this picture is the tooth, but I can't decide, click on the picture to get a better look, and tell me what you think :))

3 comments:

Di said...

A tooth already? He's growing up too fast. It totally looks like a tooth when you blow it up. Come back soon!

Alisha said...

I can't believe he's already got one! Coleman has been drooling and gumming things for over a month now but nothing has sprung up in his mouth yet.

Annie Koop said...

I am so glad that I got to see you cute baby over the past weekend. He was so fun to play with. Thanks for coming down to support me. Can't wait to see you guys again in December.